In this issue
As social distancing has become the new normal, we want you to know that NACE is dedicated to continuing to be a resource for you in this difficult time. We all know that the event industry is based on "plans" and changes. We grow by constantly evolving. During this time, companies are thriving in new ways that none of us ever thought would be necessary. Between "Takeout Tuesdays" and venues sitting empty while pushing meal kits, we all have learned new ways to adapt and some even by serving togo alcohol and what would have been considered breaking the law in "the good old days". I am proud of what we have accomplished whether it is homeschooling, completely changing our business models or even something as simple as taking a walk outside- We are doing what we need to do and taking it day-by-day. While none of us know when this will end, we are comforting clients and coworkers as best we can in this time of uncertainty. To help, I want to forward information to support you whether it is through changing your membership or government help options and online webinars to keep us connected locally and nationally. Know that NACE is here for you and we are in this together.
April NACE Meeting-Virtual Happy Hour
Your Omaha Chapter is hosting a free Virtual Happy Hour on April 28th at 5pm to stay connected during this time of social distancing. We want to know how you have been passing the time, what changes your business has made, postponement guidelines, anything and everything that has been going on with you! You can even login in from your couch in your comfies, grab your favorite drink of choice and catch up with your "friendors". This is open for anyone and it is a complimentary meeting. To register, please follow the link below:
NACE National has put together a go to website that has all things industry related and support reference materials. Feel free to visit https://www.nace.net/covid/
Updating Your NACE Profile:
If things have changed for you, we want to stay in touch! Please update your contact information so you can still receive updates. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Log into www.nace.net
2. Go to "My Account"
3. Click on "Edit My Information"
NACE Membership Adjustments
Updates from National:
- Effective immediately, the 30-day grace period that was in place for renewing your membership has now been extended to 90 days. We understand that employment status has changed for many and this extension will help keep your NACE membership active.
- Payment plans are now an option, which can be combined with that extended grace period.
- If your membership was being paid by your employer and you are no longer employed with that company, there is also a 90-day grace period during which your membership will be transferred to you individually. If your renewal date is further out than those 90 days, we will go with whichever is longer.
- At this time, the 2020 NACE Experience Conference will be held as scheduled on August 2-5 at the Bellagio, Las Vegas. The NACE One Award submission deadline has since been extended to May 20th. The Early Bird registration has also been extended to the end of April with cancellation fees being waived.
If you have any questions or anything we can do to help, please reach out to us! Stay safe and we hope to be able to meet soon!
Caitlin Mell, CPCE
Omaha NACE President